At a Radio & Television News Directors Association Foundation event in Washington on Thursday, Ailes said, "And it is true that Barack Obama is on the move. I don't know if it's true that President Bush called (Pakistani President Pervez) Musharraf and said, 'Why can't we catch this guy?"
-----
Seems to be me the joke is on President Bush, not Obama, no? Isn't it trying to say Bush has misconfused the two names?
I keep wanting to make some Obama joke that refers to 'Bama brand peanut butter/mayonaise, but I can't figure it out.
Also, it's Rehab for Maher:
BILL MAHER, HOST: And they [Republicans] have something very gay, excuse me, going on with Ronald Reagan. I mean, they love Ronald Reagan in a way that’s just gay. I’m sorry, but, I think they want to put him on a stamp so they can lick his backside. Seriously, I mean, am I right?
It seems to me that political jokes are rarely funny, though I am sure there are a ton of good ones. Molly Ivin's "illegal for prick to touch an asshole" was a great one. Maher's "lick his backside" is a good line but could have been used better I think when not linked to the gay references. (Though if that was off the cuff, it wasn't too shabby a shot.)

1 comment:
Just to let you know, I've got the copyright on:
"Somebody set us up the Obama"
thereby securing the early 00's geek humor angle.
Post a Comment