• San Diego, July 7. A U.S. person — either a citizen or a foreigner legally here — checked baggage containing two ice packs covered in duct tape. The ice packs had clay inside them rather than the normal blue gel. I'd like to make fun of this somehow, but some of these seem pretty serious- and would cheese last on a long flight? I always dreamed of bringing Taco Bell food back on the plane, but thought it would go bad.
p.s. If foreigners with residence in the USA are US persons, does that make foreigners in Taiwan with residence Taiwan Persons? I think I'm turning Taiwanese, I think I'm turning Taiwanese, I think I'm turning Taiwanese, I really think so!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
http://abcnews.go.com/WN/Travel/story?id=3418155&page=1
Yeah I saw that. There are three things at work here:
1. Million Monkey Factor: just randomness will produce a few weird combinations in luggage that fit the profile. (like a million monkeys could produce Shakespeare.)
2. Incompetence at TSA: Let's face it - they are not our best and brightest - so when they say cheese with wire and cell phone, you have to assume that it could be a block of cheese, a cheese cutter, and cell phone in a different pouch altogether.
3. Terrorist dry runs: probably the smallest number - I mean one or two would be enough to test, no?
Post a Comment