I already have one of those at home, and the wife originally was skeptical of the size which is larger than many Asian models. Well, so far our fridge has served us well. I especially like that its made of steel and has a door heavy enough to auto-close.
After visiting Costco a few times, my wife now understands why Americans would want bigger fridges. She also now understands why one of her friends who has kids in the States says that they need an extra freezer in their garage there.
Now, Whirlpool already sold their fridges in Taiwan, but I wonder if selling them in Costco has an effect whereby people buying things in Costco are suddenly more aware that they need a new, larger fridge?
I do know that Costco makes me wish I owned my own house. Then I could buy stuff like my own diesel generator, also sold at Costco.
Disclaimer: I just bought some Whirlpool stock today. My thinking is that its priced fairly low (P/E ratio of around 10) is profitable and has the export upside of a weak US dollar. It also pays a dividend. Yes, the tanking real estate market will impact, but that should be somewhat reflected in the price already, and according to the company, only 18% of their sales are related to new homes.
I do know that Costco makes me wish I owned my own house. Then I could buy stuff like my own diesel generator, also sold at Costco.
Disclaimer: I just bought some Whirlpool stock today. My thinking is that its priced fairly low (P/E ratio of around 10) is profitable and has the export upside of a weak US dollar. It also pays a dividend. Yes, the tanking real estate market will impact, but that should be somewhat reflected in the price already, and according to the company, only 18% of their sales are related to new homes.

1 comment:
and what percent of the foreclosed homes will be stripped so i can buy a cheap whirlpool fridge for my apartment?
Post a Comment