Monday, February 25, 2008

Any ideas for a second career for me?

Because I'm sort of bored and pissed off by my current job.

You know, I often feel bad when I fuck around on the internet at work. Shouldn't I be developing customers or something?

Then you have a day like today when I am essentially waiting around for quotations, replies, price increases, photos, etc. in order just to service my current dwindling amount of customers.

I am also beginning not to believe in the "Taiwanese factories are better" theory. They certainly seem to be better at having their managers fly back to Taiwan all the time and thus never can answer any pressing customer questions.

And one of the few that are still based in Taiwan told me on Friday to tell the customer to place as many orders as possible because steel prices are rising. Plus I told the customer price increases would be coming.

Today they told me they don't want any orders until the end of March because steel prices are "volatile." Okay, let's just tell all of the consumers that they can't buy any products until the end of March. If beer suppliers did this, or there would be riots.

I think I'll just raise prices now, as it seems to be the way the current is running and worry about late March prices in late March.

Hmmmm, maybe I'll completely depress myself by looking at my Chinese competitor's catalogs, you know, the ones where they have copied all of my products, plus developed a bunch of new one's faster than me, and they have even come up with the same selling points I used to use.

Okay, the good news is that they are hopefully screaming about the RenMinBi appreciating. It hurts me too, to some extent, but with my little hedge, I can at least get some Schadenfreude.

No comments: