Friday, May 16, 2008

Currency Markets

Well, I just started buying dollars now.* Got rid of my NZD. It was hard because they had a nice interest rate (6.3%), but all good things must end. I'm looking at getting out of some of my Euros as well. This might all be temporary - I may get back in later. Or buy a house in the States.

But how about that RMB? Its supposed to be the only "one-way bet" out there.

But does that flattening at the end there mean maybe its time to get out of the RMB? Or is that flattening to be compared to other currencies weakening, which then looks like the RMB would be a good place to park money for a while if you didn't want dollars?

*OKAY - I need to make a major correction. I sold my NZD and bought NTD. I originally bought them with NTD and decided to stick with that currency because I think there might be a strengthening of the NT$ at some point - like if Ma does a deal with China.

But I've been predicting that for years. We did hit NT$ 30 = US$1 .00 a couple of weeks ago, but it didn't hold up.

No comments: