Chaon gave us his opinions of the presidential candidates today, and I have to agree with him in that no candidate is floating my boat either. In fact, it seems like both Obama and McCain can say something really good on one day, and then come back the next day with something that makes you wonder.
Putting national security issues aside, I am not sure that either candidate will be that different than the other, except on the margins. (This assumes that a lot of what Obama says on the campaign trail is not what he actually believes or will do in office - for example, he will bash NAFTA to get elected but then will quietly be free trade if elected. Not exactly a selling point for him, though.)
I will be leaning McCain this election just for the popcorn aspect, but I won't worry about an Obama victory, which at the very least would do some good for racial relations even if he ends up being Jimmy Carter II. On the other hand, McCain will only be in for 4 years and the worst he could do is pass a poor version of immigration amnesty.
That doesn't mean I will stop posting dorky photos of Obama. He's comedy gold sometimes.
Putting national security issues aside, I am not sure that either candidate will be that different than the other, except on the margins. (This assumes that a lot of what Obama says on the campaign trail is not what he actually believes or will do in office - for example, he will bash NAFTA to get elected but then will quietly be free trade if elected. Not exactly a selling point for him, though.)
I guess I could get all excited about judges, but I am pro-abortion rights and pro-gay marriage. Plus, Karl helpfully pointed out that both McCain and Obama are against gay marriage - or say its a state issue so they won't make it a campaign issue. Fine by me, as the worst thing about gay marriage is having to hear about it, pro or con.
I will be leaning McCain this election just for the popcorn aspect, but I won't worry about an Obama victory, which at the very least would do some good for racial relations even if he ends up being Jimmy Carter II. On the other hand, McCain will only be in for 4 years and the worst he could do is pass a poor version of immigration amnesty.
That doesn't mean I will stop posting dorky photos of Obama. He's comedy gold sometimes.

2 comments:
"He's comedy gold sometimes."
You know that subtext thing I was talking about? You are doing it again.
I don't know what subtext you are talking about Karl.
But, you know that subtext thing you do?
You're doing it again.
Post a Comment