Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Obama Stuff

Lost in the big debate over healthcare reform, I have been noticing and meaning to note about some stuff Pres. Obama has been doing...like

Nuclear missile reduction with Russia (don't think we should disarm completely but paring it down is fine.)

Green lighting some nuke plants (which I thought should have been a big part of the stimulus - hell, we should have 100 of them pre-planned and approved for truly shovel ready action if we are to do stimuli at all...stimuli ha ha)

Green lighting some offshore oil drilling Is that part of his Obama = Bush plan? I dunno.
White House officials hope Wednesday's announcement will attract support from Republicans, who adopted a chant of "Drill, baby, drill" during 2008's presidential campaign.
Put this with the Afghan surge and I see some stuff I like.

Oh, and the Volcker rule which I think is great, but that is not law, so we will see how Congress can fuck that up.

1 comment:

Chaon said...

Obama's greatest achievement so far is not sucking up to Israel.