
In that incident, a Russian Tupolev flew over the aircraft carrier USS Kitty Hawk in the Sea of Japan on Jan. 29, 2004. Since then, however, relations between the U.S. and Russia have deteriorated to their worst point since the Cold War, largely due to the United States' plans to put a radar system in the Czech Republic and 10 missile defense interceptors in Poland.
Really the worst point since the end of the Cold War? I'd argue maybe that occurred when Russian troops seized Pristina airport and surprised NATO troops who were almost ordered into conflict with them by Wesley Clark. I guess technically since that turned out okay, it doesn't count?
I also doubt that if we canceled missile defense plans that US-Russian relations would suddenly soar to the stratosphere with goodwill and love.
I also doubt that if we canceled missile defense plans that US-Russian relations would suddenly soar to the stratosphere with goodwill and love.

1 comment:
Okay, I admit. I really just thought the picture was cool. That's why I posted this.
Post a Comment