Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Yahoo News

GOP 'war room' revs up as Romney hits the airwaves

Story not very interesting, don't need to click the link, but I found two gems:
Giuliani, along with another vanquished McCain foe, Mitt Romney, made a flurry of media rounds in the continuing GOP effort to counter the Democratic convention narrative.
Anyone want to bet that this journalist has reads fantasy novels? I mean this in a good way..."defeated opponent" is boring sounding. Vanquished Foe is much better. I imagine McCain the Barbarian defiling the body of Romney before enslaving his wife and children. Though I don't know how a Gelatinous Cube ends up as a Barbarian.
At the same time, three GOP members of Congress — a Cuban-American, a woman and a Jew —
Wait, wait, I think I know this joke. Does an elephant come into the bar next?
were among party people who joined Mitt Romney on the party's shoot-from-the-sidelines attack on Barack Obama on Tuesday.
Oh. Its not a joke. Damn.

No comments: