Its a complex topic. I keep oscillating between being agnostic on the matter to cautious belief that man may be responsible. Like it really matters what I think - I am no scientist, though my use of the word oscillating was meant to show how pseudo-scientific Poli Sci majors can be.
You would think that our political leadership would be better informed and act accordingly* but I am still confused by the rhetoric that we have to act NOW to save the planet when compared to the actions of those advocating these positions.
An administration official says a presidential Boeing 747 and a fighter jet flew low near ground zero in New York CityMonday because the White House Military Office wanted to update its file photo of the president's plane near the Statue of Liberty.
This official said the White House Military Office told the Federal Aviation Administration that it periodically updates file photos of Air Force One near national landmarks, like the statute in New York harbor and the Grand Canyon.
Seriously, if global warming is putting the Earth in danger, maybe UPDATING photos of empty 747's flying near national landmarks is not a good use of carbon emissions.
Maybe we could try PHOTOSHOP instead?
Even the Iranians use photoshop, so I am sure some intern in the White House could handle this updating of photos without using actual planes and actual landmarks.
Hell, I bet the intern could even create a cool mash-up with Google Street View so that every homeowner in America could download a photo of Air Force One mock-strafing their home.
*Karl would make a similar argument about the Iraq war where US 'experts' ended up not knowing the difference between Sunni & Shia, etc.

No comments:
Post a Comment