Thursday, May 14, 2009

GM to import cars from China

I am so glad we gave GM billions to rescue them once, and probably will give them billions more in the coming years to keep them and the UAW going.

Because we had to save a vital part of American industry and the high-paying blue collar jobs they provide. 

Of course, by "American industry" I mean import warehousing and by "high-paying blue collar jobs" I mean paying union wages for guys to watch the Chinese cars roll out of said warehouses while collecting paychecks paid for by taxpayers. Those workers would help give the car a final wipe-down with a damp cloth, but since they're classified as left-rear bumper welders, the union work rules won't let them do that. So Sorry. I'll just finish the sports page and then go home to watch American Idol.

UPDATE:

Maybe you wonder why GM management is doing this...my theories

1. Because they are stupid and think that the Democratic run government will let them do this AND still take government money.

2. Because they can't be forced to drive in hybird sedans to China - so their private jets will still be useful.

3. Because they enjoy banquets and socializing in China. Don't laugh - you'd be suprised how some companies decide where to purchase based on non-economic factors.

 

No comments: