Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Testing Astrology

Normally I do not read my horoscope, but today at McD's I read the Taiwan News and I stopped at the horoscope section to see the day's fate.

To paraphrase the horoscope, it says I am going to be really enthusiastic today.

Huh? I woke up in a mood from lack of sleep, weird dreams, business stress, moving stress, and (possibly the kicker) sleeping on a tile floor for a week anything but enthusiastic. Then I had to drive around and go to see my new Taiwan living quarters which make a Turkish prison look like a Martha Stewart creation. 

Now, all this was before Noon. So, maybe the rest of the day can act as a pseudo-scientific test (random sample of 1) for Astrology. Just as fire fights fire, pseudoscience can fight pseudoscience. 

So, far I have taken a long nap (again on the tile floor)  and canceled a business trip. I am about to go download some files in the bathroom (phrase copyright IJ) and then waste some more time before going to a KTV tonight for a friend's birthday.

I see little chance for extreme enthusiasm to break out, but since beer will drunk at the KTV, there is still hope for Astrology.

No comments: