So, my kid is now a "gender-role challenged Pacific Islander"
gender-role challenged = tom boy
Pacific Islander = Taiwanese
but it sounds pretty oppressed, right?
Karl asked if people from Spain are considered Hispanic.
According to the State of New York, they are not considered Hispanic for Affirmative Action purposes.
Other says yes. Others say Hispanic also includes Portgual, which would be inconvenient for Judge Sotomayor as Cardozo then gets "first Hispanic" laurels.
I probably should have used the word Latino instead to describe people who have some percentage of evil honky conquistador genes and some percentage of good, nuturing, peace-loving Aztec genes.
Then again, I suppose a Hispanic from Spain could have a genetic background as follows:
20% Indigneous Iberian
20% Ibero-Celtic
20% Carthago-Phonecian
20% Roman
20% Moor
Now, at least some part of that mix is white oppressorish, so I am just saying that they are as conflicated as our 1/8 Cherokee friend.
p.s. Some of those ethnicities are kind of made up based on Rome Total War.
p.s.s. I remember Laura Gomez, my shift manager at Taco Bell. She was a very, very hot blue-eyed blonde haired Hispanic, and she could have my "affirmative action" anytime she wanted.

No comments:
Post a Comment