"They don't have the money for food, but they can certainly afford their cell phones and cigarettes!"
I always try to remind her that they might need that cell phone to look for a job and what not (and sort of ignore the cigarette/booze part. Hits too close to home.)
But now I have some good news! They are not wasting their money on that cell phone.
No, they are wasting the taxpayers!
Please, someone tell me this is a spoof.
There are already discounts for electricity and gas for "income-eligible" people. Now a free cell phone and minutes. If we get free healthcare going, and free food stamps too, pretty much all of life would then be covered. Hmmm, wait - the car. I need the "income-eligible" free vehicle with monthly gas allotment. I bet GM would okay with providing those. Then I campaign for free broad band (already a 'right' in Europe) and all I need is beer money.
Maybe I am just being crabby.

No comments:
Post a Comment