Friday, January 19, 2007

Podcast Suggestions

Especially good for anyone who is commuting in Taiwan. I have found that podcasts beat music for commutes. You turn 'em on and next thing you know you are at your destination. With music, I keep having to click forward to get past the 10,000 Chopin pieces I downloaded for some reason. Seriously, charge me money for downloading music so I won't decide that the Billy Joel discography is something desirable for some reason. (Hint: was looking for song about :we didn't start the fire...but ended up with the whole lot.)

Morning Commute: as much as you publicly despise the "morning zoo" when among your patronizing liberal friends you secretly need it...

Best of Moyles Podcast: it's British so you can rationalize it as not being downmarket actually.

Night Commute: You're off work and want to be reminded of that. It has to be relaxing and entertaining.

Jimmy Pardo's Never Not Funny Its like being at a party standing next to three guys talking bullshit. But they happen to be comedians.

Doug Loves Movies This is the guy who starred in the movie Super High Me - a documentary about a guy who gets stoned for a month.

Maybe more to come...

3 comments:

Bread said...

i can send you podcasts of class lectures...now that would be a hoot...

Michael Turton said...

Needs a subtitle -- you know

Red A -- the Blog
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em

Red A -- the Blog
Fatherhood. Alcohol. Politics. An explosive mix

Red A -- the Blog
Reflecting the Glare of Liberal Sneers Since 2007

Good luck with the blog. When are you showing up for some AA?

Michael

Red A said...

Michal,

Excellent tag lines. I might just steal one of those.

Unfortunately, I really don't like those AA meetings. Too much Jesus talk. So I am not attending them anymore.

Ohhhh. Axis and Allies - when Fiona is potty trained and in pre-school.