(Hillary) said President George W. Bush had failed to enforce trade laws and not challenged China's currency "manipulation."
...
China, according to Obama, had unfairly tilted the playing field by "dumping goods into our market," violating intellectual property rights, exporting unsafe toys and "grossly undervaluing" its currency.

Psssst, China, I think you're doing it wrong.
Now technically, I guess you could argue they are manipulating their currency by not letting it strengthen even faster. And you could claim the Yuan is still "grossly undervalued." But I think the appreciation of the Yuan (described as a "one way bet" by some guy on Bloomberg TV) is just not being covered in the US, so the candidates can keep saying this stuff.
p.s. I would bet my soul that McCain has said something in a similar vein within the past few months, but its not in the article I just read.

No comments:
Post a Comment