I was using Windows and in the help pull-down menu there was an interesting option:
"Is this copy of Windows legal?"
I don't know what kind of dumb ass would actually click on that. My copy of Windows is legal, but I would never click that, mainly because I don't trust Microsoft enough that it wouldn't decide that my copy was actually illegal, shut down my computer, and leave me high and dry.
I religiously buy authentic software now even when the computer vendor is willing to "help me out" and might actually be interested to find out if my version is legal, but I don't have much confidence in software providers. After experiencing such excitement as having to rollback to an older driver to be able to use the internet, or iTunes updating my Ipod's software and making it unusable right before a big trip, I have a healthy skepticism.
For my new work computer, on the advice of the store, I bought Vistas bundled, but actually installed the old XP. I'm hoping to be able to keep this up and avoid Vistas.
Question: Can I get a Blackberry (with service) in Taiwan? You know, just to complete the annihilation of my private life?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
barrage not barge
Wish I could have called it a typo
Post a Comment