Thursday, February 05, 2009

Depressing Googling, Facebooking

Found an old address book of college friends...did some googling and find a lot of them are serious PhD's and stuff. Professors at UC Irvine. Experts in automated laboratories. PhDs in Biophysics (though that guy is job hunting...)

Meanwhile I am selling chalk, steel furniture, and such, sort of unsuccessfully at this point. On the bright side, I am now at least over 125% of US Poverty guidelines, and thus my family may be allowed to come to America.

and if I want to feel better I could always google my college roommate who was hawking sub-prime mortgages last I heard.

p.s. another friend works at Nortel...but is getting his PhD in Physics on the side....is it like raining PhD's in the USA or am I crazy?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But what do you think about gold?

Tom

Anonymous said...

Someone told me silver was cheap now. I don't know much about gold.

Tom, are you in Taiwan or back in the states?

Red A

Anonymous said...

Taiwan.

Tom