Maybe its just me, but this headline almost could give you the impression that the Justice Department is somehow independently defying Obama. Or that its hoped this is some oversight and will be correct. "Hey Obama, over here! over here! You dropped a pledge!"
Otherwise why not use the more powerful headline?
Obama breaks pledge, defends Bush's secrets
It should be noted that during the election some Obama supporters wrongfully thought that the GOP controlled Congress.* I could therefore imagine some subset of low information voters believe that the Justice Department is either independent (like the Supreme Court, right? no? oh, my bad.) or somehow controlled by the GOP meanies.
Note, I just did the headline here, I did not read the article. I suspect many people do this as well.
*I am sure there were similar numbers of McCain low information voters who thought Obama was a Arab Muslim who worked for the UN flying black helicopters over Montana dropping flouride in the water supply. (That's a lot of low information!)

No comments:
Post a Comment